ALPFA Scholarship Program
The Association of Latino Professionals in Finance and Accounting (ALPFA) offers scholarships to students pursuing careers in finance, accounting and related fields of business.
ALPFA’s Annual Scholarship Program Deadline: February 16th, 2010
Total Scholarship Funds: $150,000
Amount of Each Scholarship: Average award: $1,250 - $1,500
* Limited scholarship awards for top candidates up to $10,000
* Please note that the top 50 students selected will be invited to attend ALPFA's National Convention with all expenses paid for - convention registration, airfare, and lodging.
- Must be of Hispanic background
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident residing in the United States or Puerto Rico
- Must be studying at an accredited university in the U.S. or Puerto Rico for the 2010-2011 academic year
- Must be currently enrolled full-time at a four-year university/college or at a community college with intent to transfer to a four-year university/college for the 2010-2011 academic year
- Must be pursing an undergraduate or master's degree in business, finance or accounting
- Must have earned and maintain a cumulative Grade Point Average of no less than 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Student must demonstrate financial need
- Official transcript - Postmarked by February 16th, 2010
- Proof of family income - Postmarked by February 16th, 2010
- Proof of citizenship status - Postmarked by February 16th, 2010
- Essay - Submitted online by February 16th, 2010
- Letter of Recommendation - Submitted online by February 16th, 2010
- Resume - Submitted online by February 16th, 2010
Read the instructions for requirement details.
For more information about ALPFA go to www.alpfa.org.