Sallie Mae Fund First In My Family Scholarship Program
The Sallie Mae Fund First in My Family Scholarship Program is dedicated to assisting students who are the first person in their family to attend college.
What is first in my family? Applicants are first in their family if they are the first of their siblings, parents and grandparents to pursue a bachelor's degree or the first to pursue an associate's degree.
Application Deadline: April 15th, 2009
Individual Awards: $500-$5,000
- Must be of Hispanic background
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident residing in the United States.
- Must be an undergraduate student for the upcoming year who attends school in the United States or Puerto Rico.
- Must be studying full-time in the United States or Puerto Rico
- Must have a minimum GPA of a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Must demonstrate financial need
- Must be first in family to attend college for the upcoming academic year
- Official transcript - Postmarked by April 15th
- Proof of family income - Postmarked by April 15th
- Proof of citizenship status - Postmarked by April 15th
- Essay - Submitted online by April 15th
- Letter of Recommendation - Submitted online by April 15th
- Resume - Submitted online by April 15th
- Financial Aid verification (if chosen as semi finalist only) - Submitted online by June 30th
For more information about the Sallie Mae Fund go to http://www.salliemaefund.org